Xi Phi, a New York City-based Graduate Chapter of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. and Community Uplift through Perseverance Inc. (C.U.P) 501c3 sponsors and underwrites the Omega Black College Tour. African-American high school students enrolled in schools in New York City and the broader metropolitan area will visit several Historically Black Colleges and Universities. Over the last 30 years, the vision that the African American experience for youth could be challenged through mentoring, leadership development and exposure to educational opportunities available outside the boundaries of New York City has become an attainable reality. This has resulted in transforming the futures of nearly 950 young people to date
The Omega Black College Tour (BCT) strives to stimulate an interest, among select students, in attending one of the publicly or privately supported HBCUs. The long-term objective of the project is to develop the ways and means to assure that qualified high school students in the New York area become familiar with the historic mission of Black Colleges and Universities, academic offerings specific to each institution and their broad range of high quality educational programs outside the classroom. Furthermore, the objective is to identify students who would benefit especially from the stimulating and supportive learning environments so characteristic of Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
The upcoming Omega Black College Tour (BCT) is scheduled to take place Saturday, February 15, 2020 through Friday, February 21, 2020, weather permitting. Our ongoing theme regarding this educational endeavor is “Following the Footsteps of our HBCU Forefathers”. The reason for this theme is to ensure that our young people and their families continue to be educated about the societal relevance of our historically black colleges and universities.
We are currently scheduled to visit the following institutions of higher learning.
1. Claflin University (Private, 4 Year)
2. Clark Atlanta University (Private, 4 Year)
3. Lincoln University (Public, 4 Year)
4. Morgan State University (Public, 4 Year)
5. Hampton University (Private, 4 Year)
6. Howard University (Private, 4 Year)
7. Johnson C. Smith University (Private, 4 Year)
8. Morehouse College (Private, 4 Year)
9. Norfolk State University (Public, 4 Year)
10. Saint Augustine’s University (Private, 4 Year)
11. Shaw University (Private, 4 Year)
12. South Carolina State University (Public 4 Year)
13. Spelman College (Private, 4 Year)
14. Winston-Salem State University (Public, 4 Year)
*Tour locations are subject to change!
To learn more about the Omega Black College Tour and its diverse activities, contact OBCT@xiphichapter.org.
© Copyright 2020 XiPhiChapter.org All Rights Reserved